I posted this yesterday on my other blog. Don’t usually double-post, but thought it might be good to post here because of all the fear, worry, and panic going on around the world.
Banks closing. Stocks crashing. Finger-pointing. Gas shortages. Mass panic. Politicians blaming each other and passing the buck. That’s America.
Here are my top 10 reasons not to panic:
10. Because God, not Wall Street, gives the ability to produce wealth.
But remember the LORD your God, for it is he who gives you the ability to produce wealth, and so confirms his covenant, which he swore to your forefathers, as it is today. – Deuteronomy 8:18
9. Because of God’s covenant promise to Abraham.
But you have said, “I will surely make you prosper and will make your descendants like the sand of the sea, which cannot be counted.” – Genesis 32:12
8. Because God has plans to prosper His people.
“For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” – Jeremiah 29:11
7. Because God rewards those who are kind to the poor.
He who is kind to the poor lends to the LORD, and he will reward him for what he has done. – Proverbs 19:17
6. Because God blesses generous people.
A generous man will himself be blessed. – Proverbs 22:9
5. Because if we give to the poor, we will lack nothing.
He who gives to the poor will lack nothing, but he who closes his eyes to them receives many curses. – Proverbs 28:27
4. Because God provides so we can be generous.
You will be made rich in every way so that you can be generous on every occasion, and through us your generosity will result in thanksgiving to God. – 2 Corinthians 9:11
3. Because God does not forsake the righteous.
I was young and now I am old, yet I have never seen the righteous forsaken or their children begging bread. – Psalm 37:25
2. Because God takes care of tithers.
Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house. Test me in this,” says the LORD Almighty, “and see if I will not throw open the floodgates of heaven and pour out so much blessing that you will not have room enough for it. – Malachi 3:10
1. Because God promises to meet all my needs.
And my God will meet all your needs according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus. – Philippians 4:19
What are your reasons not to panic?