year has passed, and once again we traveled all over the world – making
disciples, training leaders, planting churches and watching tennis
Here are 10 unforgettable 2008 trips.
1. January. Lima, Peru. Always a good time with Claudio and Dunia. Inca Cola rocks!
2. January. Hawaii. The International Apostolic Leadership Summit. Emanuele & Shirly Cannistraci are super-heroes.
3. February. Australia. My first encounter with the Christian Outreach Center gang. I hope they learned as much from me as I did from them.
4. March. Dubai. The Middle East Strategic Summit (M.E.S.S.)
5. May. South Africa. Great conference. Great people.
6. July. Red Deer, Alberta, Canada. Mel & Heather Mullen are building an amazing church in the middle of nowhere.
7. August. DC/Philly. One of our most memorable family vacations ever. Brushed up on our Colonial history. Extra bonus – hanging out with Brett and Cynthia Fuller while in DC area.
8. September. Northern California. Garry & Jody.
9. October. KL, Malaysia. Asian Pastors Equipping Conference. The real APEC.
10. December. Jacksonville, Florida. The Every Nation Winter Conference. I am thankful I get to do life & ministry with these people.
11. June. Chattanooga, Tennessee.
We’ve done a million tennis tournaments with our sons, and we have
piles of trophies collecting dust – but this one was special. In the
biggest Tennessee tournament of the year, Jonathan was given the
“Sportsmanship Award” by the tournament directors and umpires. We were
more proud of that trophy than any of his championship trophies. (Two
weeks later at the Southern Regionals in Little Rock, he missed a few
shots and displayed his sportsmanship by throwing his racquet over the
*** Read what I was thinking last year about now, in my '08 I Hate Fasting blog ***