The month of June is now officially “Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender (LGBT) Pride Month” here in America.
Here’s part of President Obama’s proclamation, straight from the White House website:
“NOW, THEREFORE, I, BARACK OBAMA, President of the United States of America, by virtue of the authority vested in me by the Constitution and laws of the United States, do hereby proclaim June 2009 as Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender Pride Month.”
Pride month. Let’s see, as an America, i take pride in…
– freedom of speech – yes, nutcases can get their 15 minutes of fame, but we can also preach the gospel and criticize the gov without going to jail
– religious freedom – hard to appreciate until you visit China, the Middle East and other places where people are jailed or killed for their faith
– missions – for 200 years, the USA has been a leading force in world mission
– generosity – whether it is a tsunami, an earthquake or a famine – friends & enemies can count on American aid
– opportunity – still the land of economic opportunity even in the current global financial crisis
– democratic process – while few Americans appreciate our peaceful transfer of power every 4 years, many around the world do
Yea, we Americans have much to be proud of, but not this.
Immorality in America – both gay & straight immorality – is not something to be proud of. Rather it should cause us to humble ourselves before our
holy God. I know it is not politically correct to use the s-word these
days, but something is wrong when a nation is proud of actions the
Bible calls sin. God have mercy on America.
How will you observe America’s “Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender
(LGBT) Pride Month”? Some will unfortunately use the opportunity to
express self-righteousness and hatred. Others will follow the example
of Jesus by extending friendship, compassion, truth and hope to people
rejected by traditional religion.
What about you – will you be a friend to all sinners, or only those who enjoy your favorite sin?
For more info, the Catholic News Agency carried the story.