was upsetting the dude with eyeliner & black nail polish on
American Idol and the Magic were upsetting the Cavs, I was in an
all-day planning meeting with key opinion-shapers of Every Nation Campus Ministry (Philippines).
My meeting included:
– 9 active campus missionaries
– 5 retired campus missionaries (now pastors)
– 4 senior pastors
– 4 youth pastors
– 2 ENCM central office staff
After some heated debates, we decided that ENCM-Phil should be…
– church-based not para-church
– a student movement not a youth movement
– a campus ministry not a student ministry
– Christ-centered not secular or social
– national not local
I no longer do Bible studies on the campus, my passion to reach
students has only increased over the years. For me, campus ministry is
not an elective – it’s a calling, a stewardship.
Here’s a 4-point summary of our discussions/debates/decisions about what really matters in ENCM-Philippines:
1. God is honored.
Christ-centered, Spirit-empowered, Bible-based, disciple-making,
church-based, socially-responsible campus ministries are established on
every major campus in the Philippines.
3. Adequately funded campus missionaries are equipped and empowered.
4. Ministry partners are valued.